V for Vendetta

I saw V for Vendetta on the weekend. To be honest, I hadn't heard much about the movie (aside from the fact that Natalie Portman shaved her head for the role), and I'm glad I didn't know much about it, going in.

I have to say, I really liked it. The movie contains a lot of interesting messages, although I want to see it again to fully process how I feel about it. It's about a totalitarian British government roughly 20 years from now, which has severely restricted its citizens' movements, resulting in people fighting back against their government to reclaim their lives. It also deals with question of where the line is between terrorist and freedom fighter. I don't necessarily agree with the violent ways of fighting back in this movie, or everything done by 'V', but the movie is obviously an extreme example to make a point. All in all, it was a very thought provoking. I urge you to go see it, even if it's not the sort of movie you usually like.

I think watching the movie without knowing a lot about it is the way to go, so you won't have many preconceived notions, but if you must, you can watch the trailers here.

Technorati tags: , , ,

0 comments: