ClearType - A nifty Microsoft feature that I'd never heard of before!

Maybe I'm just way behind the times, but up until today, I had no idea what Windows XP's ClearType feature is. The basics: ClearType is a feature in XP that improves the readability of text on your computer (websites, email, word processing, the whole shebang). It makes the shape of letters look more like they do on the printed page.

I just turned it on, and wow, does it make a difference! The text on my computer screen is SO much easier to read now (Seriously. You don't realize how much strain 'regular' text puts on your eyes until you switch).

This article in Quick Online Tips explains it much better than I can (and offers before and after pictures!), so go check it out. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you have nothing to lose, because you can turn it off at any time.

I read about this on Lifehacker - full of great tips!

0 comments: