Rick Mercer's blog

(originally posted December 21, 2005)

Comedian Rick Mercer has started his own blog. Check it out for a laugh. The hot topic these days is the upcoming Canadian election.

One of my personal favourites is a letter 'from' Stephen Harper (written by Rick Mercer).

"It has been suggested that the people of Canada do not want an election at this juncture. Those of you who know me know this: I don’t care what the people think. I am not a people person. I don’t like people and the feeling is mutual.

I must admit I am sick of this discussion. I ask you, why in heaven’s name would I like People? The so called “people” had their chance 18 months ago and they choose not to give me a majority. This morning I suggested to Tom Flannigan that we should change our campaign slogan from “Standing up for Canada” to “Fuck the People”. He said no, pointing out that in politics honesty is not the best policy. “Besides” he added, “300 million bucks on an election nobody wants is about as big a “fuck you” to the people that the Tories can muster”. How we laughed!"

Rick Mercer also ran a photoshopping contest which resulted in some really funny pictures of Paul Martin & Stephen Harper, which he posted on his blog.

0 comments: