Christopher Robin 'fired'!

I've been meaning to post about this for days, ever since I read this article. It makes me so mad!!

It seems the unthinkable has happened. Disney has decided that the character of Christopher Robin (from the classic Winnie The Pooh stories by A.A. Milne) is not driving enough toy sales. So in order to boost revenue even more, Disney has decided to replace the character of Christopher Robin with a tomboyish 6 year old girl ('cause you know the Pooh franchise isn't very popular and is losing money. *insert sarcasm here* They only make $1 billion a year from Pooh, pooooor Disney!).

Who sat in their office at Disney and decided that replacing Christopher Robin was a good idea?! This isn't a soap opera, you can't just replace a main character and hope everyone gets used to it quickly! A.A. Milne would be rolling over in his grave if he knew that the character he based on his son was being forcibly removed from the Hundred Acre Wood. So much for not forgetting about Christopher Robin.

"Pooh, promise you won't forget about me, ever. Not even when I'm a hundred." Pooh thought for a little. "How old shall I be then?" "Ninety-nine." Pooh nodded. "I promise," he said.

0 comments: