Ahhh... home...

I'm really looking forward to going home for my brother's wedding this summer. I haven't been back to Newfoundland in almost 2 years, and even though Brad & I got married in St. John's, we were so busy with wedding stuff that we didn't really get to go sightseeing, visit our old haunts or even relax much! So it will be nice to do that this time.

I stumbled across a Newfoundland blog, How Did I Get Here?, the other day, and was surprised to see a photo of a familiar place. This beach is my favourite place in the world. I spent so much time there when I was younger. I found it so relaxing just to sit on the rocks and watch the waves... sometimes I'd bring a book, sometimes not; sometimes I'd go with a friend or two, sometimes not... I have a lot of good memories of this place.

These pictures were taken by Karen Chappell. Visit her blog, and the photo archive, BitStop.ca. She takes beautiful Newfoundland, still life and artsy photos.

Technorati tags:
, ,

1 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you found Karen's work - it's amazing, isn't it!!

    Hope you'll be able to get home for a visit soon...