What's a favicon?

A favicon is an icon that shows up in the address bar of your web browser, just before the "http://", and next to the website's listing in your bookmarks (Using Firefox? Mine's a big blue dot). If you're using the Firefox browser, I'm sure you've seen them on a lot of websites. Note: While technically favicons should work in Internet Explorer, I can't see anyone's except mine.


Lifehacker has a link to a tool for creating a favicon from any picture (oh, and instructions on how to get it to show up). It's a simple way to customize your website's bookmark and address bar (really simple - if you update your own website or blog, you can handle it). Just find a picture you like, that will look good reeeeeally small.

_

On an entirely unrelated note, spring is definitely here. Now while the impending arrival of spring and all of its sunshine has excited me for a while, now I remember the bad part about spring in our house: spiders.

I have become a shoe-wielding maniac.

Sometimes I miss our fourth floor apartment.

Technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. Now,that's a neat new procrastination tool! Unfortunately it won't run in the new version of firefox 1.5.0.2

     
  2. Ohhhh... that's too bad! :(

    I have 1.5.0.1. Hopefully favicons will work in 2.0 when it's released - it's one of my favourite features of Firefox.