Seal hunt documentary tonight

Remember to watch (or tape to watch later) 'My Ancestors were Rogues and Murderers', an award winning documentary about the history of the seal hunt, which will air on CBC Newsworld's 'The Lens' tonight, Saturday, April 8th, 2006 at 10:00 pm ET/PT.

Watch the trailer.

Also, don't miss the insightful interview with the director of the film, Anne Troake, found on 'The Lens' website. Troake has an interesting background, and explains how she reconciles her environmentalism with her position on the seal hunt and her opinions about activist groups like the IFAW.

Technorati tags:
, , ,

2 comments:

  1. Did you actually get to watch it?

    It didn't show up here in NB at least not on Peasant TV.

    Guess I'll have to wait until my DVD arrives in the mail from the NFB. Should be anyday now hopefully.

     
  2. Yes, I did. It was really interesting. My comments here:
    http://skylarkd.blogspot.com/2006/04/documentary-on-history-of-seal-hunt.html