Twinkle, Twinkle

Okay, there's been too much politics on here lately. For a complete change, check out the lyrics to the French version of the children's song, Twinkle, Twinkle. I came across these the other day, and I immediately sent them to my best friend - I knew she would understand my delight. :)

Ah! Vous dirai-je, Maman,
Ce qui cause mon tournment?
Papa veut que je raisonne,
Comme une grande personne;
Moi, je dis que les bonbons
Valent mieux que la raison.
Translation:

Ah! Can I tell you, Mother,
What's the cause of my torment?
Papa wants me to reason
Like a grown-up.
Me, I say that candy has
Greater value than reason.
Found on There's a Life in Here Somewhere

3 comments:

  1. Be my guest - I stole them from somewhere else in the first place. Of course, my immersion-kids were quick to note that they don't _quite_ scan. Kids are just fine at reasoning when it suits them.

     
  2. Those lyrics are wonderful.

     
  3. lol heather - quite true, when it suits them. Although, I guess that applies to all of us at some time... ;)