There's a 'Method' to the madness

I was picking up a few things at Shoppers Drug Mart last night, and I noticed a huge rack full of Method cleaning supplies! I've read about them, and wanted to try them, but hadn't seen them in any stores around town.

I seem to be getting more senstitive to the smells of harsh cleaners as I get older, and I hate the idea of using so many toxins around the house (it seems like almost everything these days contains toxic chemicals; laundry detergent, cleaners, soap, plastics...). Anyways, I've been trying to gradually switch to less harsh products, and I'm thrilled that major chains are starting to carry some of these products.

Method home cleaning products are non-toxic, biodegradable, not tested on animals, and the packages are recyclable. They weren't very expensive either; I think it was $4.99 for the all-purpose cleaner and the tub & tile cleaner. The liquid laundry detergent was $8.99 for a bottle that has enough liquid for 32 loads.

We'll see if this makes cleaning (a bit) more enjoyable!

Reviews: Vegetarian Baby and Child; About.com; Treehugger

3 comments:

  1. Hee hee... me too, I just didn't want to be the first one to mention it! ;) What can I say, I like pretty packaging! :D

    Oh, and FYI, in the States, you can get them at Target. I think the Vegetarian Baby & Child review also lists some other stores that sell them.

     
  2. Let us know how well they work!

     
  3. I use the method sweet water hand soap right now and find it lovely. I had no idea I was doing something so good by using it. Thanks.