Link update! Here are a bunch of interesting sites that I've had bookmarked for a while:
- I read about this cool site on Simple Essentials: It's called Earth Album, and it's a mashup of Google Earth and Flickr, so that when you click on an area of the world map, you can see photos of that location.
- Translate your blog with one click
- Tips for quickly greening your new home
- Altered Oceans: It's sad and disgusting to see what we've done to our oceans...
- A "Best Of" Sesame Street DVD will be released on October 24th! This will be great for all of you who to show your kids the best sequences from the classic children's show. Old School Volume 1: 1969-1974 contains "I Love Trash," "Rubber Duckie," "C is for Cookie", the Ladybug Picnic, Alligator King, King of Eight, and the Pinball Number Count, as well as numerous skits and the original pilot.
- Cute flashlights for the kids to take around at Halloween... or stocking stuffers for the young-at-heart!
- When you wash your hands, how much time do you take? 5 seconds? 10 seconds? Do you *gasp* just flick them under the water without even using soap? Medical professionals recommend that you vigorously scrub your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds, in order to kill the germs on your hands (that's about the time it takes to sing "Happy Birthday). Enter: Squidsoap. According to designverb, "the soap dispenser has an ink marker that stains your hand once you pump out some soap. The stain marks your hand until you thoroughly scrub and wash your hands clean of all germs including the new stain (which acts as a layer of germs). This somewhat forces your to actually SEE something and scrub it away."
Technorati tags: Earth Album, Flickr, Google Earth, photos, translate, green home, altered oceans, environment, pollution, Sesame Street, stocking stuffers, Squidsoap