Big, lifechanging news

As some of you may have noticed, my blog posts have become few and far between lately. I can blame some of that on the summer blogging lull, and some on the fact that one never seems to keep up such a high posting frenzy as when their blog is new, but most of it is because I've been preoccupied.

I have a secret.

Actually, I should say that I had a secret, as the news is out now, and I'm comfortable sharing it with the world, including my friends in the blogosphere.

So here goes... Hubby and I are expecting a baby!

Yup, definitely big lifechanging news! We're extremely happy, excited, and terrified, all at the same time, as I imagine most first-time parents are. Baby and I have received a clean bill of health from the doctor so far, and Hubby and I are looking forward to an ultrasound so we can 'meet' the little one (and no, we're not going to find out the baby's gender).

The baby is due on March 1st, which makes me in my 4th month. I've been spending a lot of my time reading baby books and magazines, and trying to figure out how much gear this baby actually needs. So there ya go, that explains my blogging absence.

Woman with child = inconsistent blogger.

But a happy one. :)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations again (in the blogosphere)!!!
    You and hubby will do wondefully!
    Can wait to meet Baby :)

     
  2. WOW! Fabulous news!

    Congratulations to you and Brad!

     
  3. Congrats! I remember how exciting, terrifying, amazing and optimistic those months were. Enjoy the experience, sleep lots, ignore the worriers who will hound you with "what ifs" and trust yourself.

    *Now* would also be a good time to lower your housekeeping standards and get used to everything taking eight times as long as it should.

    Keep us posted!

     
  4. Congrats! That is the best news I have heard all day.

     
  5. Thanks for the congrats, folks!! :)

     
  6. I'll add my congrats as well. And we'll forgive you for the inconsistent blogging. That's a pretty good excuse...;)

     
  7. I'll second Lisa on the book recommendation. I also recommend throwing out/recycling the "What to Expect" series. Talk about scary books.... sheesh.

     
  8. Lisa, I'll have to check out some of those books. I have the Mayo Clinic guide, The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, and a stack of magazines, but I haven't read your recommendations yet.

    Vicky, I've heard that about the "What to Expect" books... from more than a few people!! I assumed it was the pregnancy bible; it seems to be the one that most people have heard of; who knew it had such a scary reputation! I don't need any book that's going to freak me out.