Vintage goodness

I love looking at old photographs. I love the architecture, the clothes, and the everyday things we see in photos. Claire loves vintage books (think Dick & Jane, Ladybird readers and Elf books), and I'm quite fascinated with the simple, everyday illustrations as well.

Browsing BoingBoing.net, I came across a great vintage photo site, with really crisp, clear photos. Have a look at Shorpy: History in HD. The full size photo of the drug store is really cool - you can see so much detail!

4 comments:

  1. These make awesome desktop backgrounds! What a great site. Thanks for posting it.

     
  2. Whoops, that's me, becky from grrrl meets world (note to self: fix profile).

     
  3. Now how the heck do they make vintage photos HD?! I'm going to have to research it. That is SO COOL! Thanks for sharing it :)

     
  4. Very cool, huh? Glad you gals like it as much as I do!

    (Here's me, very belatedly replying to comments - gotta change the email address for my blog notifications!)